Creating and restoring dreams since 1888…
Origin SC is older than your average nonprofit… at least by a century. From starting out with just TWO members of the Charleston community, Origin SC has grown to more than 40 employees and five divisions providing services in the Tri-County area, statewide, and even across the United States!
Advocacy. Counseling. Education.
Seeking financial or housing support does not have to be a source of anxiety. With Origin SC’s experienced, certified staff, we offer an array of interrelated programs that will assist you with your specific needs. Each of our divisions offers unique services that support our mission of empowering individuals and families to reach financial stability.
- Financial Education & Coaching helps individuals find workable solutions to managing money, improving credit, and planning for the future.
- Homeownership Education & Coaching encourages housing stability through homebuyer promotion and homeownership preservation.
- Origin SC’s Housing Stability programs provide day-to-day financial management and homeless prevention services for those who need assistance.
- Veteran Services offers additional programs, such as One Less Homeless Vet, in a special effort to thank them for their service. Of course, all of our listed programs are open to veterans.
- Family Violence Intervention offers counseling programs for victims of domestic violence, family violence intervention, and anger management.
Begin achieving your goals today.
We offer more than 10 types of workshops in-person in the Charleston and Columbia metro locations, as well as offer one-on-one appointments with certified credit counselors in Charleston, Moncks Corner, and Summerville. Take a look at our curriculum offerings below to find the next workshop nearest you!
Learn basic budgeting techniques and day-to-day money management strategies.
Learn to manage and understand a credit report and discover the positive steps you can take to improve your credit score.
Gain a better understanding of the homeownership process – from the mortgage application to downpayment assistance.
Take advantage of this comprehensive HUD-certified workshop! Learn the latest from our licensed homebuyer coaches and meet trusted professionals in the industry.
Learn how our licensed and experienced staff can advocate on your behalf to get you back on track with your payments or save your home from foreclosure.
Get the counseling and education you need if you are facing bankruptcy.
If you are a senior homeowner (age 62 or older), learn about your options for benefiting from the equity in your home.
For ages 12 to 21 (and adults, too!), our youth financial education summit is held once a year with workshops on budgeting, investing, career skills, college financial aid, and more!
Invite us to come to your workplace, school, church, or civic group to assist your community with the topics above!
If you would like more information about a CPR member agency near you Contact Us