At Center For Siouxland, our certified consumer credit counselors provide confidential services free of charge. Customized services we provide in person, by phone, or by internet/email include:
- Financial Counseling
- Credit report counseling
- Education and workshops
- Comprehensive housing counseling
Experienced, qualified counselors evaluate each client’s unique situation. We evaluate your income, budget, assets, and debts. Together, we develop an action plan for you to become more financially secure.
Our counselors provide a variety of services to assist:
- Discussion of financial concerns
- Strategies for effectively working with creditors
- Thorough review of income, expenses, and debt
- Creating workable household budgets
- Identifying problem(s) influencing your financial situation
- Referrals to appropriate social service programs
- Tips on dealing with garnishments or judgments
- Assistance with setting realistic financial goals
- Information about Debt Management Plans (DMP)
Center For Siouxland’s Certified Consumer Credit Counselors offer a range of financial literacy workshops. We use well-established curriculum that are top standards for the industry. We also can create customized seminars to meet the individual needs of schools, area employers, and others.
CREDIT REPORT COUNSELING
Have you ever:
- Tried to read your credit report but didn’t understand it?
- Been a victim of identity theft?
- Just wanted to find out what’s on your credit report?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Consumer Credit Counseling can help. Understanding the details of your credit report can be confusing.
Our credit report counseling will help you by:
- Providing you with your credit score
- Explaining the key factors that determine your score
- Assessing your current credit standing
- Explaining all information contained in your report
- Offering a step by step process to improve your credit score
- Discussing how to dispute inaccurate information on your report
This service is designed to assist clients in managing their finances. Rent and other ongoing expenses are paid directly to help ensure financial and housing stability. Center For Siouxland is appointed representative payee by Social Security, Veteran’s Administration, pensions, or other entities. Counselors work out a budget with the client that meets their daily living expenses and provides weekly spending money. Counselors meet with the clients on a monthly basis and more often if needed.
Center For Siouxland has been approved by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) to provide pre-purchase, post-purchase, and default/foreclosure mortgage counseling. To best serve our clients, we have adopted the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Counseling and Education (NISHCE).
For more information about a CPR member agency near you Contact Us